My weekly food shop is the one expense I can't avoid, so it's also the expense where cashback makes the biggest difference over a year - and I get it back instantly, across every major supermarket I actually use.
I split my grocery shopping across a few different supermarkets depending on price, location, and what I'm buying that week - a big Tesco shop, a Farmfoods freezer stock-up, the odd Asda or Morrisons run. Once I started using cashback cards for all of them, I stopped thinking of supermarket loyalty as something I get from one shop and started treating it as something I earn everywhere, every time.
TL;DR
I buy a tuck. cashback card before each supermarket shop and get money back instantly.
It stacks with Clubcard, Nectar, and other loyalty schemes since they're separate systems.
Rates vary by retailer and change over time, so I check live rates before each shop.
Spreading my shop across supermarkets doesn't cost me cashback - each one earns independently.
Why Do I Use Cashback Across Multiple Supermarkets Instead of Just One?
I used to think loyalty to a single supermarket was the "smart" way to save - stick with one Clubcard, build up points, get the occasional voucher. But my actual shopping habits don't work that way. I go to Farmfoods for frozen stock because the prices are genuinely lower there for certain items, Asda or Morrisons when they're closer or cheaper that week, and Tesco for a bigger weekly shop. Cashback through tuck. doesn't punish me for splitting my spend - every supermarket on the list pays its own rate regardless of where else I shop.
Skimmable summary: Loyalty schemes reward sticking to one supermarket, but cashback through tuck. rewards the spend itself, so shopping around for the best prices doesn't cost me any cashback opportunity.
How Does Asda Cashback App Access Work?
Step by Step
I check the live Asda Cashback rate in the Asda Cashback App listing on tuck.
I buy a digital cashback card sized to my expected shop.
Cashback lands in my Personal Savings instantly.
I pay with the card at the Asda till or online, the same as any gift card.
I use Asda mostly for larger stock-up shops, so I tend to buy a bigger card value there than I would for a quick top-up shop elsewhere.
Skimmable summary: Asda cashback follows the same instant-payout model as every retailer on tuck., which I typically use for bigger, less frequent stock-up shops rather than daily top-ups.
How Does Tesco Cashback Compare to Clubcard?
This is the comparison I get asked about most, and it's worth being precise about, because Clubcard and tuck. Tesco Cashback aren't competing for the same thing.
The Key Difference
Clubcard gives me points based on spend, which convert to vouchers, and those vouchers can sometimes be worth 2–3x their face value when used with Clubcard partners. tuck. gives me instant cash back the moment I buy the cashback card, with no points conversion or voucher redemption steps. I actually use both - I scan Clubcard at the till for points, then pay with my Tesco Cashback card. There's a full breakdown of this exact comparison in Tesco Clubcard vs cashback apps: which one saves you more on the tuck. blog, which goes deeper into the numbers than I will here.
Skimmable summary: Clubcard and tuck. Tesco Cashback aren't mutually exclusive - Clubcard rewards long-term spend with points, while tuck. pays instant cash on the same transaction, and I collect both together.
Is Morrisons Cashback Worth Doing If I Only Shop There Occasionally?
Yes, in my experience, mainly because there's no minimum spend requirement and no loyalty tier I need to build up first. If I'm doing a one-off Morrisons shop because it's convenient that week, I still buy a Morrisons Cashback card first, because there's no downside to doing so - the process takes the same few seconds whether I'm a regular or an occasional shopper there.
My Occasional-Shop Routine
Check the live Morrisons rate in the app.
Buy a card sized to that specific shop.
Use it at checkout, same as any other retailer.
Skimmable summary: Morrisons cashback doesn't require regular shopping or loyalty status to be worthwhile - it pays out per transaction regardless of how often I'm actually in that particular store.
How Does Farmfoods Savings Work Through tuck.?
Farmfoods is a slightly different case from the big four/five supermarkets, since it's a specialist frozen and value retailer rather than a full weekly-shop supermarket. I use it specifically for bulk frozen goods, and the Farmfoods Savings cashback works exactly the same way as everywhere else on tuck. - buy the card, get paid instantly, spend it in-store.
Why Farmfoods Earns a Place in My Rotation
Farmfoods prices on frozen staples are often already lower than the big supermarkets for equivalent items, so stacking cashback on top of an already-lower base price gives me a bigger effective discount than getting the same percentage back on a more expensive shop elsewhere.
Skimmable summary: Farmfoods savings work through the same cashback-card model as every other retailer on tuck., and because Farmfoods' base prices tend to run lower on frozen goods, the cashback stretches further in real terms.
Which Supermarket Actually Saves Me the Most Money?
Genuinely, it depends on the week and what I'm buying - there's no single winner across every category. This mirrors what independent research finds too: Which? tracks a monthly supermarket price comparison showing the cheapest supermarket for a basket of goods shifts from month to month rather than staying fixed. tuck. covers this exact question in more depth in which supermarket saves you the most money on the blog.
My Personal Rule
Rather than picking one "best" supermarket, I check whichever store has the lower base price for that week's shop, then apply cashback on top - meaning the two savings compound rather than compete.
Skimmable summary: No single supermarket wins on price every week, so I combine cashback with whichever store already has the lower base price for my basket that particular shop.
How Do I Stack Cashback With Existing Loyalty Cards Across These Supermarkets?
Comparison Table
Skimmable summary: Across every supermarket I use, loyalty schemes and tuck. cashback run as two entirely separate systems at the till, so I collect both on the same shop without any manual workaround.
My Honest Verdict on Supermarket Cashback Across These Four Retailers
Overall: 4.5/5 - for anyone who splits their grocery shop across more than one supermarket, this is the only saving method I've found that doesn't punish that behaviour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use cashback at more than one supermarket in the same week?
Yes - each retailer's cashback is independent, so shopping at Asda on Monday and Farmfoods on Thursday earns cashback separately on both, with no penalty for splitting my shop.
Does supermarket cashback work on fuel purchases too?
Some supermarket fuel listings exist separately on tuck. (Sainsbury's fuel, for example) - I'd check the specific brand page for the supermarket in question rather than assume fuel is automatically covered under the general grocery listing.
Do I need a Clubcard, Nectar, or More Card to use tuck. at these supermarkets?
No - loyalty cards are entirely optional and separate. I can use a tuck. cashback card with or without a loyalty card in hand.
How do I know the current cashback rate before I shop?
I check the live rate on each retailer's page in the app - Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, and Farmfoods - since rates move and aren't fixed month to month.
Can I combine my cashback card with a supermarket's own promotional voucher codes?
This depends on how the individual voucher is structured, since some are restricted to specific payment methods - I'd check the terms of the specific voucher rather than assume it always works.
What happens if my supermarket shop total is more than my cashback card balance?
I pay the remaining balance with my usual card, same as any gift card top-up - this is standard across every retailer on tuck., not specific to supermarkets.
Splitting my grocery shop across four different places used to feel like it meant giving up on "proper" loyalty rewards - it turns out I was wrong, and I've ended up saving more by doing exactly the opposite of sticking to one store.
Comments
Post a Comment